As you can see, it was also amazingly sunny, for the first time since I've been home.
Without going into copious details, it was a lovely day. Wine at Yamhill Valley, then at Bella Vida, cheese, strawberries, brownies, friends. Turkey vultures. We brought Pascal!
The easy solution to this predicament comes from traveling friends. Amanda and Kristen each came to New Haven and now they know many, if not most of the people I am close with from FES. A few wonderful east-coasters will come west throughout the course of the summer and I couldn't be more excited to show them around my Oregon life.
Because the best part of wine-tasting, strawberry eating, and going out to dinner was knowing that today was only the beginning of three and half months here. Days at the zoo, Tuesday frisbee, Wednesday staff bonding, weekend trips to Bend and the beach. And with smatterings of visitors all the way through, I continue to have a very good feeling about this summer.
So maybe that phrase has applicability beyond wine. Having groups of people in your life that represent different places and adventures creates a network of people that intersect and diverge, a network that is both approachable, constantly inviting and including new people in new capacities, and tightly bound, structured in such a way to allow for adaptation.
Or maybe I'm just over-analyzing (again) something that's not meant to be analyzed at all. Hard to tell, really.
No comments:
Post a Comment